Tuesday, December 22, 2009

Birthdays and Christmas time

Wishing everyone a very MERRY CHRSTMAS! This awesome yummy cookies were mad with some special love. The kids made these Christmas cookies from scratch today with their Grandpa Loren. Keirstan and Grandpa rolling out the cookie dough and using the same old fashion cookie cutters I used as a kid. Thanks Mom for keeping them and passing them onto me and my kids!

Justin and Keirstan hard at work on making their cookies. Funny how times change, use to be where I was always hard at work at this and they would be standing on stooles or sitting on the counter next to me wanting to get their little fingers into the dough. I will always cherish the amazed look on their face when we would lift the cookie cutter up off the dough and they would see the cut out and be so amazed and excited. They always knew that these cookies were for a special guy to eat on Christmas Eve with a glass of milk.

Not only in December do we celebrate the birth of our Lord Jesus Christ but last Monday on December 14th a very special Dad/Grandpa celebrated his 70th Birthday. We took him out for dinner and gave him his presents. The most special gift I think was that his forty year old son made him a Birthday cake all by himself for the first time ever to show him how much he loves him.


I was pretty proud of the Dennis and how well he did on baking his cake and even more impressed that he even cleaned up his messes all by himself. I knew I married a great guy : )


As the days get closer to Christmas and we all reflect on all the memories of Christmas past and all the special days that are yet to come, lets all remember the true meaning of Christmas and what it is all about. I am going to cherish this Christmas with my family and having Loren here with us and as I think about all the special loved ones that will not be with us this year. As I shed a few tears I must say I will miss my Auntie Geda very much this year not having her here will seem a little different. I always loved seeing how much she loved the holidays with all her baking,decorating and she loved shopping and giving gifts. She always did put the joy into Christmas. I know her family that she will be with in Minnesota this year is and will be enjoying her spirit of Christmas. I know I need wipe my tears away and be happy for her. I should not be so selfish with someone that is so special.
MERRY CHRISTMAS EVERYONE AND GOD BLESS YOU AND YOUR FAMILY ~

No comments:

Blog Archive