Sunday, September 27, 2009

A touch down and a goodbye

My Auntie, My GodMother, The Geda Bird......... She has lived out here in Arizona at my Parents house for 11 years. She is a VERY special lady. She is someone that always makes the holidays so yummy and special. She loves to cook and bake and decorate for all the holidays and she LOVES to celebrate her Birthday that is on New Years Eve. This lady has a heart of gold and is such a sweetheart. I just can't say enough about her and how wonderful she is. She has decided that she is going to Move back to Minnesota to be near her other two Children and family members. It sounds like a very nice place that she is going to be living at, and I understand that being almost 80 years old she wants to be close to "home" as she ages. It is so hard to say goodbye to someone you think is so special and you love so much. I am going to miss her and it is going to seem strange to go to my Parents house and for her not to be there. Well we now don't have to hear my Dad say that when we come in the door we head straight for the kitchen. Geda always had something yummy to snack on.

Our family with Auntie Geda

Now to try and wipe the tears away and move on to football and a very exciting touch down. Friday night Tiffany, Justins girlfriend and I went down to Phoenix to watch the Tigers play against NFL Yet. We did lose the game 45 - 26 Justin after the game still smiling even though they lost. He ran a 95 yard touch down!


Cousins at the game in Phoenix. Ben his wife Joanna and our Cousin Melissa.
After the game we spent the night at Ben and Joanna's house. Joanna made some GREAT food! We took my dog Daphne with to play with their lab Halo. It was a nice time for us and the dogs : )

No comments:

Blog Archive