Saturday, January 30, 2010

Snow Fun

Since the kids left this past Tuesday to go to Minnesota to play in the snow there and visit with family and friends for a week Dennis and I decided we would head up to the Haulapai Mountains and have our own fun in the snow.
This past week the mountains got quite a bit of snow while we got a lot of rain down here. So we decided to take Justins truck (4 wheel drive) and got the dogs and Grandpa Loren and we headed up the mountain.
Daphne happy to be playing in the snow
Zeus playing with his ball

Dennis slipping & slidding actually he was chasing Daphne


Loren enjoying the view



Heading up the mountain I have to point out Justins Jesus bobble head. The kid LOVES that thing.
Okay true confession time. I really thought that it was going to be great not having the kids home. It was going to be quiet, the house would stay clean and the food would last a little bit longer. Truth be told, I am having a very hard time not having them here. I miss them tons! I really don't know what I am going to do when they leave home. I am going to have a serious empty nest syndrome! Dennis thinks I am going to need to find some hobbies. He of course suggest I learn how to play golf. I think he just wants me to learn how so then he can go too and not feel guilty and take me with him.
The kids will be back on Tuesday, we will see how much I actually did miss them. LOL!!!
It sounds like they are having a great time. Justin has said that the cold doesn't bother him and that he was meant to live in the cold. He has been ice fishing and they both have been out snow mobiling. They were going to get to see all of Dennis's family this weekend. Bernice was having a late Christmas get together with all the kids so Justin and Keirstan could be with all their Aunts and Uncles and Cousins.
I had got both the kids camera's for Christmas so I am hoping they bring back lots of pictures so I can share.

1 comment:

Susan Westberg said...

I tried to find them at the Polar Plunge but LOTS of people made it impossible! Hope they had fun watching everyone jump in. I posted pictures of Brea jumping. :)

Blog Archive