Monday, August 3, 2009

Long time no blog...

Hello everyone, it has been a while since I have visited. Work has just been so busy and bringing me down lately that when I get home at night and I on the weekends the last thing I really want to do is sit at a computer some more.

Two weekends ago was just an absolute horrible weekend. It had started out pretty awesome. Keirstan and I had girls day out and went and did some serious shopping and lost of girl talk. Good times : )

When we returned home while putting all of our new treasures away I had discovered that the diamond was missing out of my wedding ring. I am so crushed. That ring meant so much to me, it will be 18 years that Dennis and I have been married on September 6th. Even if we put a new diamond in the ring or a new ring is purchased it will never be the same. I have always felt that no matter what even if we became millionairs I would always still wear my original wedding ring and cherish it forever. It was the ring that Dennis picked out for me and the one that was blessed on our wedding day.

My next not such a good weekend event happened the next night on Sunday. I was throwing like a girl so to speak. I went to throw a cup into the back of Justins Bronco and I ended up hitting my right thumb straight on into the frame of the Bronco and after two days of pain and not being able to get the swelling to go down I gave in and went to the Dr. Yes, I broke it and chipped the bone and will more than likely need surgery. It has been almost a week since I have been to the Dr and the pain and swelling is still there.
I can't believe how helpless I am with a broken thumb. So many things I take for granted I am not able to manage doing. I think this is also one reason I have became so frustrated at work cause using a computer all day long has now became a bigger task than need be. My thumb is in the way with the bandage/brace I have and after typing and using the mouse it begins to throb.

Now an update on the kids. Keirstan is having lots of fun with her friends and is getting very excited to start high school. She has also started doing community service hours towards her graduation. The kids school requires 40 hours of community service to graduate.

Justin is into his second week of football practice. Today they got their pads and helmets. He says he is ready to do some tackling. He really wants to play fullback this year.
He is staying busy with football practice and working at Sonic and still manages to find some time to spend with his friends and girlfriend Tiffany. Needless to say we don't see him very much.

School starts on August 24th so it won't be long now and we will be getting into new routines again.

Hope everyone is doing well and having a nice summer. More letter when the thumb is doing better.

1 comment:

Susan Westberg said...

Sorry to hear about the diamond and your hand - that stinks!! Hope your hand is better soon - update when it is!

Blog Archive